Why Kingmoor Park South?
Kingmoor Park South is the former site of the Owens Corning Fibreglass factory and is located at the Wrexham Industrial Estate, one of Europe's largest industrial estates.
The Wrexham Industrial Estate is a good location for a new CGGT power station. Demand for electricity in Wrexham significantly exceeds local supply. After studying a number of potential sites we have chosen Kingmoor Park South as our site as:
- It is close to the national gas transmission network
- The electricity can be exported for use without the need for a new 400kV overhead line electrical connection
- The existing local electrical network can be upgraded providing increased security of supply to residents and businesses throughout Wrexham
- There is potential to provide discounted power and heat to businesses on Wrexham Industrial Estate reducing their costs and improving competitiveness
- The site is allocated for major development in Wrexham County Borough Council’s Unitary Development Plan and has a planning consent for a large highbay distribution